Aug 1, 2008

Lacquer earrings

One of my close friends got me my first pair of these simple yet amazing earrings from Rajasthan. I instantly fell in love with these - now I have almost all the colors that are available! (Yeah! we already talked about my fetish/madness/craze for such stuff)

These come in different colors, shapes & sizes. The ones in the picture are the most common ones. The pictures below don’t do any justice to the beauty of these earrings. They are simple yet graceful. These will definitely add an understated traditional touch to Any Outfit!

In Bangalore you can find these at Safina Plaza (Infantry Road), Commercial Street.






About Lacquer jewellery:
Lacquer is a type of resin excreted from certain insects. To make these earrings Lacquer is fused with etched beaten metal sheets. They join these fused plaques to make bangles, earrings & Chains. The finished jewellery looks beautiful with studded colorful stones & multi color beads.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome jewellery!!! This is a brilliant idea... Le me know if u have plans to conduct an exhibition for all ur jewellery??????

Aashu said...

Its beautiful !!u have an amazin collection. Do you own a store any where in B'lore ?? in case u dnt i guess you should start one .

Srivalli said...

wow..those are some lovely creations..everything looks beautiful...as aashu asked do you have a store???

btw..thanks for dropping by my blog..do visit you have time..

Unknown said...

I guess by public demand u shud put up a store incase u dont have any...

Anitha Jayaraj said...

You have lovely blog. I came here through sree's blog. you have a cool collection of jewellery.

anitha

kamala said...

This awesome ...Love to have atleast one of the jewellery..I too have a fascination towards jewellery..

Usha said...

All your stuff looks very nice,this is my first visit to your blog,you have a very nice one :)

Unknown said...

Suhasi, Aashu & Valli: Thank you for the kind comments. I do not have a store- If I ever do that I will be at a huge loss as i would be kleeping everything for myself :) Do drop by when time permits.

Anitha, Kamala & Usha: Thank you for stopping by & encouraging me :)

Unknown said...

Nice jewellery as usual...Looking forward to see more..