Jul 17, 2009

Handicrafts exhibition

I love all kind of crafts exhibitions, especially for the colorful displays and some unexpected surprises you bounce on sometimes. I also love bargaining with the vendors - Thats the best part of shopping in India?
Some pics that I clicked at 'Sampoorn' - a handicrafts exhibition held in Bangalore.



Colorful vases - My fav is the brown one in the background (behind the camel pic vase)

"Juti's" in all sizes, patterns & designs


I love these colorful woven baskets - especially the wooden parrot handles on top of the lids.


Ceramic stuff - I love the colors and the variety here. I have my eyes on the kids tea set which is to the bottom right side of this pic.

Copper handmade bells in different sizes

4 comments:

Creative Polyglot said...

a post full of colours and beautiful indian crafty things. Your blog is very nice too.

Veda said...

oh shillu....


next time u know of an exhibition please let me know b4 hand...i would love to come n buy some stuff!

all the crafts r gorgeous....i would go crazy here!


VEDS

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow that's an eye catching exhibition....i love crafts very much...missed this exhibition.....long time yaar....where r u? r u from Bangalore?...

Unknown said...

Creative Cotton:Thank you! :)

Kitchen Flavours: Hey, How have u been? yeah, I agree...long time. How have u been?

Veda: I will definitely let you know the next time I get to hear about such exhibitions :) and BTW- I loved your idea of organising a Fav. earrings event - will get to it soon. Thank youf or the idea!