Nov 16, 2008

Woven and braided jewelry

I finally managed to go to the Annual Autumn Festival in Minneapolis and have met multiple talented artists with creative hand crafts. I am going to blog about these folks in multiple posts.

The First in this series is about Jan-Ra Jewelry. This Artist makes silver & gold jewelry which is woven/braided and entwined.

Here is what Jan says about her passion on her blog:
"My journey here has been a bit convoluted. I have a B.A. in Biology and an M.S. in Wildlife Conservation. I used neither degree professionally, however, and spent 13 years as a licensed remodeling contractor. I have more power tools than most men! My need to work with my hands, however, has grown stronger over the years, and making jewelry is the current manifestation of that need."

Jan at work:



Pics from the Jan-Ra stall at the Autumn Festival. Unfortunately I do not have many close-up pics of the jewelry, however I insist that you look at much better pictures here and here. Adorable jewelry I must say, with an interesting twist!



Watch this space for more.

4 comments:

Vijitha said...

Hi shillu
How r u doin? its been ages since I caught-up wit u!

thanks for ur comments! i really liked ur post ! well written girlie!

Purva Desai said...

they look simply awesome.....

Usha said...

Hi Shillu, its been a long time since I got a chance to catch up with you, so have you moved to Minneapolis now...thanks for your comment and your email too...this looks so beautiful..

Jan-Ra said...

I love the photo you took of me at work! It was nice to meet you at the Shakopee show, and I will check back again soon!

Jan